People with yeast infection often feel uncomfortable, so they always find effective ways which can help them to get rid of this problem. And so do animals. When the animals like dogs suffer from yeast infection, they may act so strangely because they are uncomfortable. In that case, someone who is taking care of them ought to find something to assist them in getting rid of this problem as well. The yeast infection can be treated by using some natural home remedies, such as tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, oregano oil, and so on. If you like to use oregano oil for yeast infection but you don’t know how to use and the reasons why you should use it to deal with this problem on skin; today’s article will show you the details about why you should use oregano oil for yeast infection and how to use it.
I. Is Oregano Oil Good For Treating Yeast Infection?
Oregano oil is one of the superfoods for treating yeast infection because it has strong antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. According to studies, some researchers have shown that these properties can assist in preventing the development of Candida albicans, which are the main fungus causing yeast infection both in humans and in animals . Besides, the oil has antimicrobial agents, which are thymol and carvacrol. Furthermore, it can help to treat yeast infection since it consists of antiseptic properties, which are capable of inhibiting the yeast infection from spreading.
II. How To Use Oregano Oil For Yeast Infection
Just like what has been mentioned above, oregano oil is very good for treating yeast infections. There is no doubt that oregano oil can be used alone to treat this disease. However, if you want to get a better result, you ought to combine it with some different ingredients. Even though you like using it alone or mixing with other ingredients, these recipes below are what you need to consult.
A. On Skin
1. Oregano Oil
You can use oregano oil alone by eating it directly. Why is it said like that? By doing that, it will help you treat yeast infections from inside.
- Take three drops of oregano oil.
- Add them to a glass of water.
- Drink this solution regularly.
- You can also take 1 or 2 oregano oil capsules daily. Repeat it two times a day daily until your condition becomes better.
If oregano oil does not cause a burning sensation in your mouth, you can increase the amount of oregano oil gradually up to six drops.
AllRemedies Partner Solutions
Keep Asking Questions Until You Get The Answer You Need!
The Medical Experts are all here to answer your questions online or with a phone call.
2. Oregano Oil Gel
Using oregano oil gel is a good idea that can help you combat yeast infections.
- Take oregano oil gel containing about 230ml of oregano oil.
- Consume it after you have a meal.
- Do this method every day until you get rid of yeast infection completely
3. Oregano Oil With Olive Oil
- Prepare a drop of oregano oil as well as half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix them well.
- Drink this solution regularly.
In case you do not have olive oil, you can replace it by using coconut oil.
4. Oregano Oil Application
If you do not like drinking oregano oil, why don’t you use it to apply to the affected area? This will be safe for treating skin yeast infection as well if you have sensitive skin.
Method 1: Oregano Oil
- Take a little amount of oregano oil.
- Apply it to your affected area and gently massage.
- Repeat this process twice a day daily.
Method 2: Oregano Oil With Coconut Oil
- Add one or two drops of oregano oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix these oils well.
- Apply the oil mixture to your affected skin area.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- Repeat this process twice per day until you get rid of this disease completely.
- You can also use olive oil, tea tree oil or almond oil instead.
5. Oregano Oil Douche
Another way to use oregano oil for yeast infection treatment is by using oregano oil douche. It is also an effective method.
- Prepare 8 ounces of water.
- Pour 20 drops of oregano oil into it.
- Mix them well.
- Douche with this solution.
- Wash again with water and allow it to dry completely.
- Repeat this method twice a day daily until your condition becomes better.
Besides, you can make this solution and dip a tampon in it. You insert this tampon into the vagina and remove the tampon after leaving it on for about half an hour.
6. Oregano Soak
A yeast infection often appears under your breasts, between your fingers and toes, on your thighs. Now you may wonder to know whether you are suffering from a skin yeast infection or not, right? If you have this disease, you may see rashes, raised itchy bumps, and fluid discharge on your skin. Thus, to deal with this problem, you can use an oregano soak.
- Prepare a warm bath.
- Take a few drops of oregano oil and add to the bath.
- Stir well.
- Soak your body in this solution for some minutes.
- Repeat this process once a day.
- Keep doing it every day until you get rid of yeast infection completely
7. Vitamin E With Oregano Oil
As you can see, oregano oil is very effective in treating the yeast infection while vitamin E is really good for taking care of your skin. Vitamin E may also help the body combat yeast infection by improving the immune system 
- Mix one or two drops each of oregano oil and vitamin E.
- Apply it to your affected skin.
- Repeat this process three times a day daily for quick results.
III. Precautions And Additional Tips
- People who are lack of iron shouldn’t use oregano oil for yeast infections because it can reduce the ability of your body to absorb iron in the short-term.
- It is also said that someone who is allergic to oregano oil should not use it as it may make this condition become worse and worse.
- In case you are on blood-thinning medications, or if you are breastfeeding, avoid using oregano oil for yeast infection.
- People who are suffering from heart problems or high blood pressure ought not to use oregano oil for yeast infections, too.
- Moreover, directly consuming oregano oil to treat a yeast infection is not advised for kids, along with infants.
- If you want to get rid of yeast infection as soon as possible, you need to change your diet by avoiding eating processed sugars and preservatives since that contribute to the development of yeast infection. Drink a lot of water every day because water can help in flushing the toxins out of your blood
- Reducing stress levels by meditation or yoga is a good idea for preventing and treating yeast infections.
- Using mild soaps instead of soaps that consist of harsh chemicals is necessary as well.
- Keep the yeast infection areas totally dry.
- Wear underwear made from cotton if you are suffering from vaginal yeast infection.
Follow these simple ways of using oregano oil for yeast infection on skin regularly to get the best effects. However, this article is only for informative purposes. That’s why you need to consult your doctor before using any method which has been mentioned above.