Benefits of Cardio Intervals:
• Time Management – You’re doing it All in this workout! Cardio & Strength Training with little to no rest in between.
• Working out the most important muscle in your body: Your Heart 🙂 – You’re going to be getting your heart rate up in your cardio training zone and then keep it elevated while pumping your muscles.
• Having Fun! – See “Tips to Make Your Cardio Party-O a Hit” below.
• Torching a ton of calories and fat – You’ll be burning calories during your Party-O and boosting your metabolism so you’re burning more calories the rest of the day just doing life!
• Toning and sculpting your muscles – To look good, feel good, be stronger, and build bone density.
Tips to Make Your Cardio Party-O a Hit:
• Pick Your High Energy Day & Time – This type of work out requires lots of motivation and energy from you. Make it short and sweet yet focused and intense.
• Focus on Proper Cardio Intensity – During your cardio, get to the point where you’re breathing heavily and breaking that sweat. Even better, use your heart rate monitor so you know you’re getting up in your cardio training zone.
• Focus on Proper Resistance Intensity – Crank out rapid repetitions to keep that heart rate pumpin’ and shoot for hitting muscle fatigue around 15 repetitions. IMPORTANT: This does not mean simply counting to 15 and stopping. This means setting your Total Gym at a level so you’ll “hit the wall” around 15 reps.
• Like any Party – Crank Your Favorite Tunes! – Studies have shown that working out to your favorite music increases your energy expenditure and workout duration. So, stick those AirPods in your ears, pump up the volume, sing, and get nutty!
• Be a Party Planner – During this type of workout, you want to minimize thinking and maximize your efforts. So, take a few minutes to pencil out your choices of cardio sessions. Then, add in your favorite choices of upper body exercises. The trusty Total Gym Training Deck is perfect for this! Choose the body part you want to focus on and then select the Training Deck Cards for the specific exercises. Done!
Here is the Cardio Party-O Workout you’ll learn in the Video:
• Cardio: Rear Lunges – Pump your arms like you’re running. The lower you get, the more your legs will work and the faster you’ll get your heart rate up! Upper Body Strength: Chest – Seated Chest Press.
• Cardio: Side Lunges – Enjoy the inner thigh stretch and the outer thigh/glute workout! Get low and pump those arms! Upper Body Strength: Chest – Incline Seated Chest Press.
• Repeat Side Lunge Other Side – with another set of Chest.
• Cardio: Plyometrics with Total Gym Step – Gotta love this accessory! https://totalgymdirect.com/shop/total-gym-step/ Upper Body Strength: Chest – Your choice! Pick from the purple cards in your Total Gym Training Deck.
• Cardio: Burpees – Low or High Impact – you choose. Upper Body Strength: Chest – Keep pumpin’
• Cardio: 90’s Step Class! – Be creative and have Fun! Upper Body Toning: Throw in some Abs – Red section of your TG Training Deck
• Cardio: More Plyos – If you love ploys, treat yourself to this awesome accessory: https://totalgymdirect.com/shop/total-gym-extra-large-squat-stand/ Upper Body Toning: More abs can’t hurt right?
The ideas and options for this workout are bountiful so get creative, mix it up, and most importantly have FUN! I’d be thrilled to hear about your favorite version so please reach out and say hi or with questions or comments.